The Holy Trinity Neighborhood Center (HTNC) continues a proud tradition that began in 1899 when the Church of the Holy Trinity (CHT) on East 88th Street was built by New York City philanthropist Serena Rhinelander. Founded as a mission parish, the church sought to serve a local population made of mostly immigrants with a variety of programs that have been adapted over the years to meet the changing needs of our community.
Holy Trinity Neighborhood Center was established as a 501(c)3 organization in the 1980s specifically to respond to the large number of homeless and impoverished people whose needs were clearly not being met by governmental or charitible organizations -- and who reflected the larger crisis of poverty in the city as a whole.
HTNC provided an opportunity for those interested in supporting our work, but not of our faith, to join in helping us help others. However, HTNC and its programs were always envisioned as an integral part of the Church of the Holy Trinity and an arm of its mission, and its bylaws require that three members of the HTNC board must be members of the church’s vestry.
HTNC currently has four core programs: a nightly shelter for 10-12 men who come to us as a part of the Emergency Shelter Network; a Senior Lunch on Tuesdays; a Neighborhood Supper on Saturdays; and a Thanksgiving Dinner delivered to the homebound. These programs viewed holistically are our parish’s response to the continuing acute needs of our neighborhood's elderly, hungry and homeless population(s).
To learn more about HTNC, visit http://htncnyc.org or click on the links to the right.
To volunteer for one of our programs, visition the HTNC Volunteer Opportunities page.
To make a donation to suppor the work of HTNC, visit HTNC's website and click on the Donate Now button there.